Do you want to learn more about how to correct bad posture while sitting down. Sitting correctly at your desk can help reduce back pain and also strain to your neck and shoulders. There are many ways where you can improve your posture and this is important especially if you work at a desk for many hours of the day.
Getting the best lumbar support chair can help reduce your pain especially if you suffer from lower back pain. A fully adjustable chair will not only reduce stress in the back but it is also helpful in improving your posture.
There are also many cushions that can help fix your bad posture such as a lumbar roll, you simply attach the roll or cushion to the office seat that supports your back or you can also attach the roll around your waist, whatever you prefer.
How To Correct Bad Posture
Having a bad posture is also due to having weak muscles and it is important that you look after yourself by eating the right foods and also taking regular breaks from your desk or computer work.
Doing strength exercises such as yoga can help correct your posture and reduce back or shoulder pain.
If you suffer from a back injury or sciatica , I would recommend finding a good quality lumbar support product that can help reduce your pain.
As not all products work best for everyone, it is best to shop around and find the right one for you.
To help prevent slouching and causing bad posture, here are a few tips that can help.
- It all comes down to the chair that you are sitting on. Make sure that is has an ergonomic design and that your feet are completely flat on the ground while you are sitting. Your back should also be fully supported by the chair.
- You can help release tension in the body by raising and lowering your shoulders, as this helps to reduce stress and tension to your upper body.
- Take regular breaks such as walking, this can help get rid of the stress in the body and prevent slouching. It can also help strengthen your back muscles.
- If you are in an office and your chair does not support your lower back, you can easily fix this problem by getting a towel and rolling it into a long roll and placing it behind your back while sitting down.
- An ergonomic balance ball or exercise ball has been shown to help improve your posture and reduce any pain in the upper or lower back.
Here are the best tips on how to correct bad posture and if pain still persists while sitting down , it is best to consult your doctor to see if there are any treatments or products that can help reduce your back pain.
Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net